EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you think affiliate marketing is a good start for making money online?

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by Lloyd Adams, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Lloyd Adams

Lloyd Adams Business Owner Entrepreneur

Hi Pejman:

Do you think affiliate marketing is a good start for making money online or do you think it's better to spend our time blogging, or doing membership sites? Or maybe something completely different?

Thanks for your help.
    Abdul Qadeer likes this.

2. Pejman Ghadimi

Pejman Ghadimi Entrepreneur

You are asking me what business you should start? I will always answer this question with DO NOT START - Go get a job.

If you dont believe in something, or dont know what to believe in, and your only drive is the reward. These are the worst ingredients for starting.
    VirtualGlobalPhone and T J Tutor like this.
  3. Deni Dzoja

Deni Dzoja Entrepreneur

It all depends on your intention. If you're trying to build a long-term platform through which you advertise affiliate products occasionally while still building a quality website/brand/service then yes. If you're trying to make money with your own product that you developed and used, then yes.

If you're just planning finding the clickbank offers with the highest commissions and sticking your links in front of people's faces then no. There's a lot of garbage out there, and if you try to sell people garbage you won't be doing this for very long. The whole point of all this is to get paid for adding value to people's lives.

Good luck!
    Red and VirtualGlobalPhone like this.
  4. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

The key is to educate yourself with the business you want to engage with. Align yourself with the people who can help you see your business through. With the advent of the internet, it is not lack of knowledge that keeps most people from starting a business but the lack of persistence to follow through.
    VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  5. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

Affiliate marketing is not a good place to start online based on the fact that most affiliate marketing links and codes require one to have a website or blog in order for traffic to convert into sales. Driving traffic to a blog or website is the hard part. I would suggest one to start with email marketing using solo ads as you develop your blog. Attach or upload your own products for sale to your blog in the initial stages so that you have the potential of a quick income as you go along.
  6. Spirit

Spirit Entrepreneur

There are certainly easier ways to make money online than doing affiliate marketing. For example, there are loads of sites that allow you to do microjobs or complete surveys. But if you are able to do the affilitates thing well then you won't be trading your time for money as easily. But as has been mentioned before, it's all about getting the education sorted out as well. You need to keep on reading about affiliate marketing (and a whole lot more).
  7. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

I run a small website with a particular gaming niche. It stands out from others because it combines another niche that goes along nicely together. I run adsense and affiliate marketing and currently average 45 hits a day, I have only made a few cents in the last 4 months of starting it. It takes TONS of work but I love doing it. If you have a passion for webmastering, graphic design, marketing, and writing, then go for it!
  8. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online. However, to actually make money from affiliate marketing you need to learn how it's done. It'll take some time to learn how it's done right then afterwards you can make money. And it can take some time before you start making money. So I wouldn't say it's a good start for making money online. Try something else first like working for someone else. You could find work on outsourcing sites like Elance.
  9. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Entrepreneur

A combinations of both is a decent way! They don't have to be a start, they could be something you do for a very long time. Do something you are passionate about... That is going to be the best
    I hope this helps you!
  10. tae

tae Entrepreneur

Hey Lloyd,
    thanks for the question, it's somewhat a matter of opinion and fact.
    for some people a great start is 10 dollars a week, and affiliate marketing does make as low as that starting out.
    however if we look at it from an intensive entrepreneurial standpoint, we'll have to break it down in a factual manner.

So in order to make money from affiliate marketing, let's say you are enrolled in amazon's affiliate marketing program, your blog generates 25,000 organic visitors, and you refer them to a toaster at amazon, and the toaster costs 10$

Here's how it plays out:

out of 25,000 people maybe 100-400 (numbers won't normally be this high) of them might purchase the toaster through your link
    and each toaster purchased (10 dollar toaster), you earn 2 dollars. If 100 people bought the toaster, you'll make 200 dollars.

I mean, for starting out that isn't bad. You could invest that 200$ into something that will benefit you more and double your income. But I'd suggest you be the guy selling the toaster.
    You made 200 dollars selling somebody else's toaster to 100 people, but if that was your toaster, you'd have made a 1,000$ – which ups your income by 5X.

So my suggestion is, sell a product for a decent price to a huge number of audience, you'll be surprised at what people would buy!
  11. Chris Parrish

Chris Parrish Entrepreneur

There isn't a solid answer to this topic. There are people making 7 figures (Mike Long to be one of them) and there are people making -£0.00....

It all depends if you're in it for the long run! If you are just slapping links around and hoping they'll be clicked.
    You should first start by building a community, a blog or email marketing. Gain the readers trust by giving good quality free content or products then you can start to sell affiliate products once you have gained the trust.

Always think to yourself, Would I buy this product? Never sell anything you wouldn't yourself purchase!
    VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  12. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Your title asks, "Do you think affiliate marketing is a good start for making money online?"

Simple answer is OF COURSE! However, it may not be the right answer for you.
  13. Peyton White

Peyton White Entrepreneur

14. Barbara Arthur

Barbara Arthur Entrepreneur

You can try Neil Patel's guide on affiliate marketing.
  15. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Neil Patel is awesome!
  16. Pham le trung

Pham le trung Entrepreneur

thank everyone share information, im working affiliate marketing, but now i stop it, because it not useful, i working business online.
    good luck to you.
  17. lawrencedavid

lawrencedavid Entrepreneur

Affiliate marketing is a good one to make money online. But before get in to it you should learn about it.

Featured Businesses (View All)