EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you give much importance to clothes?

Discussion in 'Fashion' started by Andorphin, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Andorphin

Andorphin Entrepreneur

Hello guys. This thread may sound a little bit tricky. While clothes do have their importance, do you feel like you constantly need to go shopping for more and more clothes even though you have a plenty to dress with? I personally feel like I own enough clothes for specific occasions and I am not much into going shoppin' every weekend, just when needed.

What about you? :)

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

I am a "clothes horse". I generally buy high quality clothing and have what I require for most any situation. However, I have lost a lot of weight over the last eighteen months and now have to start replacing all of them. I collect ties, unusual classy socks, pocket squares, and shoes. I always go over budget with clothing.
  3. Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution

Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution Entrepreneur

I hardly shop for clothes so currently I have a lot of clothes that I don't want, don't need, can't wear, and don't fit me properly. I would LOVE to update and have a new wardrobe makeover. But even if I do get that chance I want to practice the minimalist closet style which is to have 10-20 key articles of clothing such as pants, shirts, dresses, skirts, shorts, etc., with more accessory pieces.

I'm really into setting limitations on my wardrobe by the clothes that properly fit my body type, body shape, my best colors for my skin, setting certain colors that I wear by the season and getting clothing that matches my personal style that I'm comfortable with. I feel that it's worth it to be picky with the clothes you wear as they are part of the first impression people get when they meet you and not every article of clothing works for you. Plus, I've always been into fashion and would love to get in the habit of professional coordinating my wardrobe like the extreme closet style guide website into-mind.
  4. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I have a minimalist attitude when it comes to possessions. I want to live clean and children proof it. I love to have the essentials and just pieces I need, along with a few pieces that I love. A couple of things max and just keep them fresh and clean.
  5. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I actually think that my wardrobe is good enough for me. I don't go out much and even if I do, it's only for quick errands. I have many shirts and lounge pants for such activities.

On the other hand, I also have some formal clothes for when we have gatherings. They aren't that many but I think they would suffice. And this is one area where I don't spend so much money on.

The problem with me is, whenever we go to the mall, I can't help but look at clothes and buy them even if I don't need them. I have started changing this habit of mine and thinking twice before purchasing a clothing item. I know it's not practical and right to spend money on things I don't need.
  6. TobiasW

TobiasW Entrepreneur

As usual, it depends! A minimal 'capsule' wardrobe has always been my choice, few items, but of excelllent quality and always suitable to mix and match. It's also important to match the way people you want to influence dress and I'm a firm believer in dressing for the job above yours if you are ambitious. There's no need to spend a lot of money - thrift shops always have the items you need if you take your time and search carefully.
  7. ToniMakes

ToniMakes Entrepreneur

Clothes are important to the look, occasion and event you're attending. I tend to stay away from fads. I prefer clothing that can be worn for years, that are not trendy.

A simple black dress with the right accessories is timeless, well tailored pants and slingbacks are always stylish, turtlenecks and simple button down blouses are practical and can be worn for years.

Shop for clothes off season to get the best deals, limit colors to cool or warm and stick with well made shoes for comfort.
  8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have already became a shopaholic. Whenever I go to the mall, I wouldn't be going home without buying a piece of clothing. I am actually more into dresses. I constantly buy dresses. In a month, I would have bought 2-3 new dresses. My favorite stores are Forever 21, Mango, and Old Navy.
  9. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I am quite conscious when it comes to clothes. I generally prefer branded and high quality clothes. I prefer having less but good quality stuff instead of buying dozens of cheap dresses which probably won't last long.
  10. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I pay a lot of attention to clothes but mostly for just businesses purposes, as I like to show my clients that I am professional and can be trusted to be proper when needed, but during regular days I'm very casual and I don't feel too compelled to dress up. If I'm going out for drinks or for dinner I will dress up as well as I can but if I am just going to the mall then I usually just wear whatever is comfortable.
  11. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

I may not go shopping for clothes every weekend but I'm concerned about how I look. I like dressing well with what I have. The beauty of dressing is not in the number of cloths you have but in how well the clothes fits you. In other words the beauty of dressing is in the fitting. How well does the cloth fit you. Go for fitting not in the number of clothes. This is my concept and that is why any time I dress, I'm commended because it fits me.
  12. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I think we should put our best foot forward and dress to impress. It is clearly a great sign when you stumble upon someone dressed to the tee, it just creates a great illusion of success. I don't know about most people but I like to be associated with people who look the part.
  13. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Entrepreneur

I tend to pay attention to clothing detail a lot when meeting someone for the first time. I also like to have options for the different seasons. I find it important to have choices when it comes to the switching seasons. For example, I wouldn't expect someone to wear a heavy cashmere sweater in April. It's during that time one should experiment with their style and lean towards lighter clothing for the warmer season ahead.
  14. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

Right now, I'm relatively satisfied with what I have. Of course, I could always get more, but I'm not that big into shopping for clothes anymore. Moreover, I feel like what I own right now is pretty well rounded. I have my professional garb, my casual/bum attire, and my workout clothes; so all the bases covered.
  15. Lynda

Lynda Entrepreneur

I don't buy clothes that often. As long as I have a good set of professional clothing and formal wear for meetings etc. that is what really matters. I prefer to be picky and get one or two good pieces that fit and look right rather than spend a lot of time shopping for clothes.

I also found something interesting. If I was pitching for technical work, I was less likely to get the support or the role if I dressed up than dressed 'tech' in business casual with gadgets. It seems there are managers who see a suit and automatically assume you are on their technical level, which is not always good. (I silently seethed in the meeting where a client, right after signing a contract for some solo freelance work, right after he'd been talked through my CV, past projects, and references, shook my hand and said that he was looking forward to meeting my coder because he must be very good. At least he said that after he signed the contract :) )
  16. Ntobekodo

Ntobekodo Entrepreneur

Hi guys

I think clothes are important to me not only because I'm into fashion, but also because I'm a businessman so looking presentable comes first. When I'm not meeting clients though I still love to put something good-looking together and I quickly get depressed when I'm wearing the same clothes over and over again, no matter how many there are. Maybe I'm addicted to shopping, but eitherway i love clothes :)
  17. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

Clothes express personality. Therefore, I usually pay attention to the clothes I am wearing. My favourite wear is casual. I have had the opportunity to become a teacher and my casual attire did not reflect well in the profession. I am a free mind and non conformist. I have a revulsion for the traditional tie and suit or tucked shirt. I don't have a clothes budget since I purchase items at a spur of the moment if I deem it fit. I also don't note with fashion since I find it fickle and uneconomical.
  18. CheckTheNumbers

CheckTheNumbers Entrepreneur

Yes, and no. Fashion is important because it affects the way people treat you, but being comfortable is just as important. Clothes can be this weird human exo-projection that makes people think of you in a certain way, and it affects them the way art does, but I just want to wear some comfy shorts and run around the beach barefoot.
  19. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

I'm not really into fashion but I love buying a few pieces from time to time. Mostly, clothes that I need or I'm comfortable wearing.I don't like spending my time dressing up or hanging out in the dress shop. What I hate too about some people is they buy clothes just to keep up with the trends even if it means spending their entire salary on clothes and brand others who are not interested in fashion as weird or old-fashioned. I hate spending my money on clothes alone but I do appreciate other people who are really passionate on creating fashion trends.
  20. MsTrepreneur

MsTrepreneur Entrepreneur

Absolutely not. I only thing I am interested in when it comes to clothes is "am I going to be comfortable." I don't care who's name is on the tag, and I'd rather not pay much at all. Yes, I do enjoy fashion shows and the many different styles that can be expressed through apparel. However I am also a seamstress, and I refuse to put a dent in my budget over a garment that only takes like eight yards of fabric and maybe ten dollars of accessories. The problem is when other people care more about what I'm wearing than I do. Comfort should be the aim in dressing ones self. Most people are spending tons of money on clothes in order to try and impress other people. That's sad.
    Digsby Trace likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)