EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Content Marketing Becoming A Giant Echo Chamber?

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by Cleveland76, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

Lately I've been weeding out many pages and news sources on Facebook that I had previously followed/liked. One of the big reasons in doing so, is that many of them are all just copying and paraphrasing each others content. In my opinion this has become a big problem with content marketing and social media engagement. And ultimately, it wouldn't surprise me if it is going to start causing more and more marketers to start losing their followers and site visitors permanently if not addressed.

For example, there were several prominent tech blogs with Facebook pages that I had followed a few years ago, to keep up with current news in that industry in my news feed. But more and more these days, every time something significant happens in that space, they all write about the exact same thing - which result in my news feed getting flooded about the exact same topic multiple times for days on end. The same thing happens with political themed pages I had followed - Trump says something idiotic, and they all have to announce it. I don't need to see the same announcements from several different sources over and over again like that.

If any one of them would simply take the time to write original and unique content about topics and news that their competitors weren't writing about, I would have continued following them. But instead, they just look at what their competitors are writing about, and lazily publish a "me too" article about the exact same things.

2. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Maybe those copycats (rehashing published articles) think that the avalanche of articles in the internet would hide their gimmick. So instead of writing an original article, all they do is to copy and rehash a bit to make it appear their original. But the content is practically the same so the ruse is uncovered by the reader somehow. I agree with that "me too" because even the thread title are now being echoed in some forums. I sometimes feel a bit of deja vu, asking myself that I had already commented on such a thread but I later realize that it was in another forum.
  3. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Well, a lot of tech blogs just post what is given to them by the PR teams of companies. So, obviously their content looks the same.

I think the dilemma is that no one wants to be left behind when it comes to any news, but since all news is pretty much the same, all of the content is somehow going to be similar. If they don't post the latest and greatest no matter how repetitive, they risk losing readers.

At least, that's what I think.

Featured Businesses (View All)