EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Clothing Line

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by Nick Haley, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Nick Haley

Nick Haley Entrepreneur

Hey guys,

I am planning on starting up a new clothing line and was wondering if any of you guys know any good vendors to go through. I'm looking for the best of the best. This is going to be a street wear clothing line if that helps. Thanks guys.

2. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I've had experience manufacturing apparel and selling it but only on a smaller scale so I don't know how much my advice would be worth but I did find out that sourcing is the most important part of it and finding multiple sources would be better because you never know when one will raise their price or disappoint you and if you don't have alternatives they will always have the upper hand especially if you are on a deadline.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I really don't know any clothing vendors, but I would love to open an online clothing store in the future as well. Anyway, best of luck with this business idea. I do hope you'll push it through.
  4. emuzeskylow

emuzeskylow Entrepreneur

I have always loved anything related to fashion, especially clothing. If you don't mind, can you explain a little more what you meant by sourcing? Just for better clarity. Because I am not familiar with this term in this context. Thanks!
  5. Caitlin Park Kelly

Caitlin Park Kelly Entrepreneur

Are you looking for domestic or overseas resources? Can you clarify a little? Are you looking for someone to create the initial samples to get the product sold- or are you looking for a supplier to execute production and on what scale?
  6. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

I know a few people who have had some success with a clothing line. I helped make their samples. Some managed to get a celebrity to wear and promote their line that gave it the push it needed. That might be something to consider. If you can get a 'brand' to pick it up, they can do all the sourcing and production for you. You just have to get samples into the right hands. Let us know how it goes!
  7. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Let me give this suggestion based on my experience. I used to sell clothing items on a consignment basis and its success was what pushed me to open up a boutique. First is the clientelle. Have a market study by testing the waters. Sell some clothing items to get an actual reaction - what they buy and what they want to buy. The supplier is secondary to this. When you already have a survey like they want Lacoste or any other brand, that's the time to search for suppliers. I hope my 2 cents helps.
  8. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

A clothing line business is a good idea because most people likes that they always want to be in the fashion trend and they are always there to search clothes of their choice to buy. If you are planning to have this kind of business be sure you will have the right kind of suppliers that can sustain the products you need for your business. And also be sure you have the right location for your business where your prospective buyers can easily search your place. Well, that is the only thing I can share to you and good luck in your business endeavors!
  9. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 Entrepreneur

I have a friend who started a fashion line and despite being only 17 years old, he has a turnover of around 30,000 pounds a year. The name is Dusk and Filthy Threads for anyone who is interested and he is based in London. If he can do it then I am sure you would be able to if you had good designs. Niche brands are very popular for some reason in my town so don't let big corporations put you off of trying!
  10. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Hi, first of all, good luck on your new venture! I must ask you though these questions:
    • Do you mean that you're going to be the designer of the clothing line?
    • Do you only need vendors to sell your clothing items?
    • Or do you mean that you need some supplier for your supposed clothing line?
    That's it, just clarifying because I'm a bit confused with your question.

Featured Businesses (View All)