EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chevy's New Electric Car to Compete With Tesla But Will Cost Much, Much Less

Discussion in 'Cars and Vehicles' started by EF-Roger, Jan 8, 2016.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

The CES show is feeling more and more like a car show. The first press conference of the event was for Faraday Future, a company showing off a next-generation concept electric car, and Volkswagen took the stage Tuesday evening to officially kick off CES and show off an electric car of its own, a concept of its all-electric version of its iconic VW bus.

Wednesday Chevrolet joined the conversation, unveiling its highly-anticipated 2017 Bolt EV. The car, which is expected to go into production toward the end of the year, will be capable of traveling up to 200 miles on a single charge and is priced at $37,500 ($30,000 after tax credits), making it within reach of average consumers. (Tesla's vehicles start at $70,000.)

Read more Chevy's New Electric Car to Compete With Tesla But Will Cost Much, Much Less

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I'm sure this car will do really well in sales then since it's significantly less than the Tesla.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

Well the looks are really nothing to write home about, but I cannot argue with something that says it will be significantly cheaper than the competition. I have never really had any real interest in purchasing a Tesla, mostly because I knew that they were really expensive, but it sounds like the Chevy is a good alternative for a more affordable price. I am interested to hear reviews of it.

Featured Businesses (View All)