EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brаnding prоduсts, tеxt оr еmblеm?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Jack Benoit, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Оn t-shirts аnd сlоthеs, jасkеts, еtс i аm dесiding if i shоuld gо with thе bеttеr lооking аltеrnаtivе likе а sоlо еmblеm, whiсh nо оnе knоws whаt it is. Оr аn еmblеm plus tеxt thаt pеrhаps саn drivе mоrе sаlеs tо thе sitе but it саn аlsо bе vеry nеgаtivе if pеоplе dоnt likе wаlking аrоund with а соmpаny nаmе. Its bеttеr fоr mе but... Whаt dо yоu dо? Еmblеm lоgо, оr tеxt, оr bоth? mаrkеting wisе thаt is аnd sаlеs.

2. jona

jona Entrepreneur

There are several types of logos:

Icons: thing Apple or Nike, of course this brands are so famous that people recognize them by the logo alone. If you manage to create a logo that's so, well, iconic... you are in luck

Word Mark: Basically, the name of the company trough some special typography is the logo itself, think Google, Disney, facebook or Sony, probably what you should be looking to have since they are easier to remember.

Letter Mark: similar to work marks but just initials like LG, HP or GE, once again, is your business famous enough for people to remember the name just from the initials?

Combination mark: well, a combination of both a symbol (Icon) and the name, like McDonalds or AT&T. Sometimes the icon part or the text part can work on their own, but you usually have rules regarding how you can combine both.

I would recommend you try to come up with a logo that's a Word Mark so the name of the business itself is the logo and people can remember it, what's the deal with spending money on shirts and jackets that have an emblem that nobody is going to be able to link back to you? Moreover, add your website address or a catchy domain that attracts people to visit, think something like Nike justdoit.com
    T J Tutor and Valerie like this.
  3. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Entrepreneur

The more explicit and attractive the logo is the more people and customers you will get, it is relative, you should get a creative and beautiful logo that people might like and make people check what you got as soon as they shoot a glance at it, it is all about publicity, people will always look for what they already understand, today's society is really closed to new things, that is my opinion though.
  4. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I feel like the logos that stick with you, like the Nike Swish and Apple's Apple, are attractive enough to standalone without words yet says everything it needs to without words. If you can do that with a business emblem, then text is optional. However, if you're a landscaping business, for example, and you use a tree as your logo without words, no one is going to know what you're advertising. For that reason, I have to concur with Jona's suggestion.

Work marks are potent. You can plant an image in someone's head while simultaneously advertising with words.
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

I think that with a little research you will find that most do all three depending on the display medium. I have shoes, boots, shirts, umbrellas, pens, blankets, backpacks, etc., that have just the logo on some, just the text on some, and both on many of them.

Driving prospects to your site from wearables isn't the intention of branding. Branding is not what pulls people into a sales funnel. Your title is correct in calling this branding. Your paralleling of a branded product to a trigger to engage people into a sales funnel or a link bait to visit your site is incorrect. Branding is a matter of using a type of NLP over long term to keep the brand in someone's subconscious so when they think of a product like a sport shoe, a boat, a kitchen appliance, or any other item, they will have the names they most frequently encounter immediately associated with the product(s).

Almost all sportswear has the logos, names, or both. In addition, we pay them to advertise their name for them!
  6. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

If you are just starting then starts from printing a logo on unique , high quality T-shirt.

The key here is the person who is wearing should love to keep using it, literally falling in love with it. And the people who see should be more curious and they will automatically look at the brand.

So this way psychologically the brand re-call will be more and your success rate will be high. Best wishes...

Featured Businesses (View All)