EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Box Office: ‘Maze Runner 2’ Sprints Past Johnny Depp’s ‘Black Mass’ With $30.3 Million

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by EF-Roger, Sep 20, 2015.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Mobsters, mountain climbers, and teenage racers piled into multiplexes this weekend, lifting the overall box office, but preventing any one film from dominating ticket sales.

“The Maze Runner: Scorch Trails,” a sequel to last year’s post-apocalyptic young adult hit, fared best. It got off to a solid start by topping charts with $30.3 million. Filmed for $61 million and distributed by 20th Century Fox, the picture bowed in 3,791 locations, receiving intense competition from “Black Mass,” which likely contributed to it failing to match or exceed the $32.5 million debut of its predecessor.

“Some people expected more out of the newcomers, but it was still a healthy weekend by September standards,” said Phil Contrino, vice president and chief analyst at BoxOffice.com. “There was a lot of diversity, but that can cut both ways. It builds everything up, but sometimes competition happens and there’s a little cannibalization.”

Read more Box Office: ‘Maze Runner 2’ Sprints Past Johnny Depp’s ‘Black Mass’ With $30.3 Million | Variety

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I still haven't watched The Maze Runner 2. I have already seen the first movie installment, and I absolutely enjoyed it. Some scenes were a little depressing though. I am totally rooting for Thomas and Newt! :)
  3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I have yet to see this movie. I loved the first movie.

Featured Businesses (View All)