EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best hiring techniques

Discussion in 'Employment and Human Resources' started by Schmetterling, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Entrepreneur

What are the best hiring techniques in your experience? What sort of questions do you ask your potential employees during the hiring process? Do you always ask them to come over for a trial period or do you just give them the benefit of doubt and hire them directly after interviewing them?

2. Angel

Angel Entrepreneur

I like to discuss their resume and ask questions about them in between times. Example, I may discuss the school they attended and ask what (if any) activities they were involved in. I like to ask what they enjoy doing when they aren't at work. This is pretty helpful for me.

My company gives all employees a 90 day probationary period. Although, I usually know if someone will work out long before that time. We offer performance based raises annually. We start everyone at part time and give them more hours as they become trustworthy and dependable. With full time comes benefits - health insurance and increasing vacation time distributed quarterly.

Occasionally I forgo interviewing. I look at the resume/application and talk to them briefly about what the job entails. If I get a great impression, I may hire them instantaneously. They are still subject to the 90 day probationary period, however.
  3. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Here is the drill down for hiring your employees.
    Screen: Screen the potential staffs from the applicants. The checklist for screening must include education, skills, relevant experience, expected salary (should not be more than what you can offer)
    Interviewing: Once, the screening is done, invite the potential staffs for interview. Some of the qualities you need to consider during the interview are: confidence, wit, and problem solving skills.
  4. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I think the best hiring technique is just being frank about what your company needs and whether they fit that bill. Some questions to ask are:

1. What organisations were you active at during college?
    2. What are your internships?
    3. What did you learn from your internships?
    4. What experiences helped you in your previous job?
    5. What do you think is your best trait and your worst trait?
    6. What can you contribute to make our company better?

It's better if you have a training period before hiring them so you'd know if they can keep up with the tasks at your company.
  5. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

The best tactics are to ask real questions and expect real answers. For example:
    1. What would your former employer say about you.

This question is straight to the point. Look into the eyes of the candidate just to somewhat get a feel of if what they say is true. Are they being sincere and really answering with genuine answers? It is always the little things that are looked at to be "impressive" to an interviewer. Body language is so important and can make or break your interviews. It is not always about your answers as it is about the quality of the answers and the sincerity in your voice.
  6. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I have always liked to know as much as possible as the job that they had previous to interviewing. For some reason I always think that it tells the most about a person, because people can leave a job for a variety of reasons. In terms of answers that I am looking for, I prefer when they left to pursue a better opportunity, or are in the process of doing. Aside from that a complete education is important to me so I discuss that a lot.

Featured Businesses (View All)