EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Be careful of high yield investments

Discussion in 'Investments' started by Corazon, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

There are many scammers around here and I wonder why in spite of being publicized as a scam, some people still fall victim to the high-yield investment scams. The scheme is that you will earn 10% of your investment every week (some others say every 2 weeks). They will pay you the first 2 interests so you think it is true and you tend to put in more investment. When that happens, the interest would stop coming and the investment broker will vanish.

Be careful of such schemes. The rule of thumb - it is a scam when it is too good to be true.

2. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I have been scammed by couple of high yield investment programs in 2015. Thus in 2016, I decided to stop becoming greedy and stop investing on high yield investment program. So far I am only on one high yield investment program and it is too early to say whether it is legit or not.
  3. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

You are right. In my opinion all high yielding investment are scam. I'm yet to see a legit site that promise and keep to it. People fall prey because of greed. Some think that they will get their interest before the scam company vanishes. Let's beware, they are all scam.
  4. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

There are NO guarantees in investments. The very nature of investments is its volatility. Since investments can be volatile, there is a corresponding risks involved. Investments that give a GUARANTEED HIGH return over a short period of time should clearly send you ALERT signals. Investment instruments like the stock market can give you high-yielding return, but with great risk involved too, as you can easily lose the money in just a snap, especially if you panic and sell at a loss.
    What one must pay attention to is the 'assurance' of high yield returns. The market does not give you assurance. It goes up, goes down depending on a whole lot of factors. So, yeah be careful with companies that PROMISES those returns because the MARKET just don't work that way. The market doesn't promise anything, so no company should.
  5. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

Many high yield investments often are scams. The scammers know many people want to make money fast and they offer them a simple way to do it. Heard of an easy way to double your money in a short time? Or even triple it? It's very much like gambling. Odds are you'll either lose all your money or if you are lucky the best you can hope is to get some of your money back.

Even if they [the investments] are legit [junk bonds are a good example] there's a high risk involved. Don't let the allure of making a lot of money make you lose everything you invest.
  6. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

This is not 1998 anymore and I think people who invest in something that is supposed to bring insanely high returns deserve to lose their money.

I thought this was about hedge funds, this is why I clicked on the thread. As a general rule, where there are higher returns than the average investment opportunities, there are also higher risks.
  7. mrmancer

mrmancer Entrepreneur

These all HYIPs programs called "ponzi-scheme":
    VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)