EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are you a fan of horror movies

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by dyanmarie25, Sep 30, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I am sort of a horror enthusiast. I really love throwing horror movie marathons, from slasher films to psychological thrillers. I did enjoy watching I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Grudge, The Ring, Sinister, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Conjuring, Insidious, etc.

What about you?

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

I am a big fan of horror movies. I even enjoy many of the old black and white movies made decades ago. I love suspense.
  3. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Entrepreneur

Noooo thank you! Lol. I HATE being scared. I had to watch a horror film at a friend's birthday once, and I was SO messed up for like a week after that. I'm a lot better about it than I was when I was a kid, for sure, but I still don't care for it at all!
  4. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I've been watching horror movies and loving all things horror pretty much my entire life. By the time I was 5 or 6, I was already reading Fangoria magazine, and a couple years later convinced my parents to get me a subscription to it. I spent much of the later half of the 80's watching just about every horror movie I could get my hands on. When our family finally got a VHS player, I remember most of the local video stores had a 6 movie limit that you could rent, so I would get 5 horror movies, and my dad would get one movie for him and my mom to watch. At one point I had rented out every single horror movie at our local Phar-Mor at least once, lol.

My personal favorite period for horror would be the 70's through the mid 80's. I'm a huge fan of all things made by Dario Argento (up until '85), but my all time favorite horror movie of his, and of all horror movies, would be Suspiria. I'm also a big fan of it's "sequel" of sorts, Inferno. Even with the bad acting (which to some degree was intentional, at Argento's direction) and the sometimes incoherent and illogical scripts, they are visually stunning movies, and completely successful in terms of atmosphere and cinematography alone.

I also have a soft spot for 80's slasher films (too many to list), as well as the Evil Dead series of films and pretty much anything by Sam Raimi as well as Clive Barker.
  5. jamepeytoni011

jamepeytoni011 Entrepreneur

Yeah i live to watch the horror movies specially when i'm alone in home...
  6. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

I'm terrible with horror the last few that I watched were The Ring and The Grudge and that was so many years ago. What I enjoy though are bloody psychological thrillers and suspense like Hannibal, Silence of the Lambs and Misery. REC was also pretty good. I like my horror films to have a good story and character driven if possible. I don't like getting fake surprised when I see a ghost in the mirror on film.
  7. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I'll watch horror movies but I'm not exactly a big fan. I would easily do it on a dare. My worse two in terms of really having a fear issue after watching them (even now) were The Conjuring and Insidious. I think because they seemed so real, like that story-line could really be true:eek:. I try not to watch them all by myself and yes, I do turn the lights on...
  8. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

When I was just a boy I couldn't get enough of horror and science fiction movies. I don't make a point of seeing horror anymore, but I watch everything science fiction, fantasy, mystery, along with as many documentaries as I can make time for.
  9. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

No I'm not. And is not because I'm afraid no. My question is what do you learn from horror movies. If it doesn't teach you anything, then it is not worth it
  10. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Well, I kind of separate horror movies into two categories: Core Horror movies, and then movies like Hostel, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, etc.

I don't like the second kind, because frankly I find it perverted to like people getting chopped off. But, my best friends disagree on this. They absolutely love such movies.

I like the kind of movies like Grudge or Conjuring. To me that's horror.
  11. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

This ^.

I'm not into gore, and I'm also in the situation where most of my close friends like it, so sometimes I have to bear with them. I like horror stories from traditional legends, like "La Llorona" or "El Nahual" in my country.
  12. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Do I watch political debates and elections? (lol) I'm not sure if that qualifies as a horror scene or a train wreck half the time.

In all seriousness I do watch some types of films if they are comedy-horror types. I don't really like the excessive gore, but I do like a good story and can tolerate the gore to an extent if the plot and theme is really good and well thought out.

Some of the old-school and classic 80's horror flicks were always fun to watch, even one or two of the HellRaisers, but mostly because of the creativity in the costumes and the acting that you don't see today usually except for a few spoof-like films like "Cabin In The Woods".

Some of them are cool, others not so much. Depends on the entire film, genre, and theme they set for the stage of it.
    Federico.Gimeno likes this.
  13. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I am not a fan of horror, however, I like to watch horror and thriller. Some of my favorite horror movies are Ring, Grudge, Omen, Exorcist, A Tale of Two Sister (Korean). M. Night Shamalan is my favorite favorite horror filmmaker.
    setupdisc likes this.
  14. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

I don't watch horror movies anymore because real life has enough horror for me already. I mean, have you seen the political debates and some of the things we are focusing on in social media?
  15. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

YES! My first drive-in movie at age ten, was Night of the Living Dead.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - classic.

I got some old ones for Christmas - Psycho, a couple of Dr. Phibes. Used to have 165 VHS titles but they got wrecked in a flood.

Still watch a lot of horror but I find that I don't enjoy the gore much anymore.

The Ring scared me. So did/does Black Christmas. Creepy, creepy voice and eyeball in the crack of the door. Never miss it when I see it's on. :)

It's one of my favourite reading genres, too.
    setupdisc likes this.
  16. Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution

Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution Entrepreneur

Then you would hate to watch Insidious 3. My younger sister and I love horror movies but she want to turn Insidious 3 off less than half way through it. It was good though, still think about it sometimes...
    setupdisc likes this.
  17. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Lol! I remember watching Grudge for the first time. It was 2005. I laid down on the bed, with the lights turned off, and the laptop screen less than a feet away from me. The moment that grudge lady lashed out(which happens within the first few minutes), I was out of the bed scared out of my wits! I switched on the lights, and I can tell you that the lights stayed on for a week - I didn't dare to watch the movie until I was able to gather a few friends for movie night. That was the only time in my life that something scared me that much.

Now, with the oculus rift, I am afraid horror is going to feel even more in your face.
    setupdisc likes this.
  18. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I can't watch horror movies. They're too dark and there's too much violence usually. Then I can't sleep because of it.
    setupdisc likes this.
  19. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

No. I hate jump scares, I prefer an interesting "mind fuck" movie that gets my heart rate up. I am already so edgy if people are loud or someone sneaks up behind me, so horror movies tend to make me feel horrible. I can get nightmares for weeks. I really do not see the appeal of it, my college roommate was so addicted to them though.
  20. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

No I don't watch horror movies. I only watch movies that inspire me and make me a better person. I also encourage people to watch what inspires and motivates them. Don't watch what will make you have nightmares. You become what you watch
    setupdisc likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)