EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone here learning to program?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Danem, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Danem

Danem Entrepreneur

I hope this is in the right category, but is anyone else learning to program? I have several ideas for apps, websites, etc, and I came to the realization that learning web development or programming is extremely important. It'll help immensely if you want to create your own website, and it's a very useful skill.

What resources is everyone using?
    T J Tutor likes this.

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

HTML5 and PHP as well as Python are likely good candidates for you to learn for web development. App programming is a little more involved in some ways. I did a lot of programming when i was building softwares for banks and credit unions in the 90's. It was very lucrative and I enjoyed it, but I was in it to learn the industry more than the programming. If you can get a line of successful apps going, the real challenge will be keeping them on the cutting edge so as not to become extinct!
  3. jona

jona Entrepreneur

If you are serious about web development, PHP and javascript, plus you need some basic understanding of SQL and databases in general, and CSS of course. I have over 10 years of experience doing web programing but if you really want to get into it, I suggest you look into mobile app programing as that's the future. Creating a site today is very simple, use one of these hosting providers that offer you drag and drop functionality for customizing professionally designed templates and you can have an entire website plus blog plus an e commerce store front without writing a single line of code, websites are more about design these days, no so much about the back end unless you are planning to create actual web applications.

If I were to learn programing today I would look into Android or iOS development just as I looked into HTML 15 years ago when everybody else was still doing desktop apps.
    Ladyferoz and T J Tutor like this.
  4. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I too am learning how to program. I would suggest giving a chance to freecodecamp.com. It's a free platform that allows you to learn everything about web development for free, not to say that there are also places like Coursera.org or udemy.com, that also give a ton of information for free.
  5. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I am learning it in my spare time, I have a few amazing internet resources to guide me. I first started with Harvard's intro program to computer programming. The link is Introduction to Computer Science . I highly recommend it, it was a fun course to do and definitely challenging, I failed to complete it because they give you six months and I went abroad for the final two months with limited access to the internet.

Featured Businesses (View All)