EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any Travel Hackers Here?

Discussion in 'Points, Perks and Clubs' started by Mr.Trep, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Mr.Trep

Mr.Trep Business Owner Entrepreneur

For those that are unaware; Travel hacking is the art of playing sky miles or reward points to travel for free, get free hotels and do it all without spending anymore money than you normally would.

I sign up for a new credit card that is offering 20-40k bonus points/miles if I meet a minimum spending within a given timeframe. Typically $1,000 a month in spending. Instead of using cash or my debit card I put all of my bills and daily spending on this card and pay it off each month.

I've learned a ton about travel hacking over the past year and used a strategy to get 30,000+ bonus points without spending any more money than I typically would. I could either fly for free domestically or save them for a year or so.

Also, my credit score went up by about 20 points and is holding there...

Does anyone else here travel hack?

2. Thomas Hale

Thomas Hale Entrepreneur

Sound looks good. How you manage it. Please PM your method. I do also ready to pay for it.
  3. Brian D. Evans

Brian D. Evans Business Owner Entrepreneur

I travel hack as well. CC sign up bonuses, transfer bonuses, using software to figure out the best time to pay the least points and dollars, etc.

I've also had luck a few times with Hidden City flights, and joining "clubs" to get close to impossible discounts that the general public cannot get.
  4. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Awesome stuff! I am unemployed and poor atm, but i will try this credit card hack when i get my shit together
  5. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I travel hack. And I am constantly researching flights to find the lowest fares. I have a legit way of earning airmiles when I post on a travel site (which is sweet deal), I take full advantage of any new travel websites offering considerable "cashbacks" for first time users, and I simply don't want to pay any more than I should. :)

However, currently I am looking for a way to maximize my miles. So anyone with any ideas is welcome to share here.
    stillsmallworld.com likes this.
  6. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I just started actually a few months ago. I'm a newbie but this was actually my mom's idea and it really has worked wonders for her travel life and her finances. I can't wait to see the improvement on my credit report...I also travel for my job and that is also a big plus.
  7. stillsmallworld.com

stillsmallworld.com Entrepreneur

I am currently rebuilding my credit from my teenage years. I'm now 27 and it's slowly but surely building again. I was just offered/pre-approved for a card with points bonuses from the same company that owns one of my cards, but I'm hesitant to take it right now because I do have a couple of good credit lines open, and I know having more open isn't necessarily a good thing. Travel hacking is my ultimate goal, because I would love to travel more over the summer. I'm a teacher, so I have the time over summer and over winter and spring breaks, I just need the finances! I'll be keeping this in mind for the future.

Edited to add: I do use hotels.com to earn free nights when I stay in hotels.
    djentre likes this.
  8. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

You can also try starting a travel blog without actually travelling - you must have been to some places in the past right? Just utilize your memories and old pics to create a blog. Then, become an affiliate with travel and review companies. You'll be able to get a few trips for free.
  9. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

My previous boss travel hacked, using his credit card, same as Mr.Trep.

Me, I only have an Air Miles card at the moment. Have had it 16 or 17 years. Think I have enough miles to get to the airport. :)

Featured Businesses (View All)