EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any Successfull Investors here I can question?

Discussion in 'Investments' started by Carter, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Carter

Carter Entrepreneur

I'm at the position that I'm meeting with potential investors/business partners on a regular basis to help me fund my project and I'm just looking for basic "Good Manners" or "Common Laws" when dealing with this part of business.

This is my first time in these type negotiations and I don't want to mess it up or come across as weak...

Is it bad business to want to use part of an investment/buy in to pay off some of my personal debt so that it will free me up to borrow more later down the road if I had to? I have great credit, but my monthly debt to income isn't going to allow me to finance much more the way I have things worked out now. Consolidating would cause me to lose the nice interest rates I have now...

So paying off 10k of loans, would position me to be able to finance 50k. (just an example)

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

hi @Carter , Investor is investing on your present and future potential of your business and not on your debt. Unless that debt is invested in the business and they can see.

Best wishes... i am sure many here are going to come up with lots of other points.
  3. Carter

Carter Entrepreneur

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Featured Businesses (View All)