EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amazon's PR Troubles Show How Corporate Culture Impacts Brand Perception

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing and PR' started by EF-Roger, Aug 22, 2015.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Among his other talents, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has been an effective public face of his company. No matter what you may have heard about Amazon, it was hard not to smile when Bezos brought his infectious laugh to such venues as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno andThe Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Last weekend, though, consumers were presented with another image of Bezos. A damning front-page expose in The New York Times depicted a brutal workplace in which employees are reportedly penalized for being distracted by life-threatening illnesses facing themselves or their children. A former Amazon book marketer named Bo Olson is quoted as saying "Nearly every person I worked with, I saw cry at their desk."

Bezos was quick to dispute the story, telling employees in a memo that, "I don't recognize this Amazon and I very much hope you don't, either." Another employee, Nick Ciubotariu, also defended the company on LinkedIn Pulse, arguing that the reporters ignored facts to make their case.

Read more Amazon's Troubles Show How Corporate Culture Impacts Brand | DigitalNext - Advertising Age
    William Clements likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)